OS Cover Image

OS Cover Image

Monday 2 May 2011

Smallville: Kent Review (3/5)

Much as it tries to distinguish itself from its similar predecessor Luthor, the seventeenth episode of Smallville Season Ten, Kent, does seem to linger too much on what's come before it, and John Schneider's new alternate reality father figure is melodramatic almost to the point of pantomime. Worse still, Tom Welling doesn't get enough time to properly embrace the return of Clark's dad, making the story as a whole feel somewhat insubstantial. The plot, however, is at least solid (if a little unspectacular), focusing on Clark and Lois leaving behind past ties to begin committing to each other and thus the former character's destiny. What showed was the lack of the programme's willingness to move forward even just a few episodes from its climax- it's hard to explain without spoiling some of the series plot arc, but sufficed to say that Scion ended with a cliffhanger that remains unresolved here and will probably do so until the finale. Still, the impressive camerawork, fine acting from Welling and Schneider and another decent ending at least ensure another good filler story, but sadly not one that reaches its full potential.

1 comment:

  1. Lois is smart and that’s what I like about her. Most people would notice eventually but Tess is smarter. Red Kryptonite is one thing, but an evil Clark Kent is another. The fear everyone is feeling is so terrible but even more terrible is that Clark thinks the mirror Jonathan is a good person. I am so glad that I can watch TV when I’m camping like I will be tomorrow because not only did I miss the entire season but I can catch up with the reruns. My DISH Network employee tailgaiter http://goo.gl/vd4M4 is easy to set up and fits my budget which is important to my wife and me.

    ReplyDelete