OS Cover Image

OS Cover Image

Tuesday 2 August 2011

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Pottermore Is Coming

I'm very glad to be able to confirm that I'll be bringing you the world's first look at Pottermore, JK Rowling's exciting new website project, later this month. There's a competition going on each day to gain early access to the site, so you've still got a chance to have a look for yourself before everyone else can in October, but in the eventuality that you don't get chance to enter or don't manage to gain a place, I can give you the first details on how the experience works, and my overall initial impressions of the new content. Is it simply a glorified place to read the seven books again, a shameless marketing campaign to get more sales of the classic original novels now that the films have ended? I'd like to think that isn't the case. Whatever happens, my preview of Pottermore will be up in just a few weeks. You can expect to see it on Monday, August 22nd, shortly after our brief hiatus culminates. Obviously, as this is a beta version of the site, some of my qualms with Pottermore may not be representative of the final 'product', but I'll endeavour to bring you the most extensive coverage of the site around, while not spoiling everything you've got to look forward to when it launches this Autumn. So look out for this exciting exclusive in three weeks time; Pottermore will be available for all to use this October.

No comments:

Post a Comment