OS Cover Image

OS Cover Image

Sunday 27 March 2011

Empire Film Awards Announced

Today has seen the awards ceremony for Empire's best films of 2010, with a few surprises and some more anticipated by the general public. Here are the winners, and my thoughts on each:
BEST NEWCOMER: CHLOE MORETZ (I'd argue Andrew Garfield, too, but certainly in Kick-Ass Moretz burst onto the scene with a bang)
BEST THRILLER: THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO (Haven't seen this, however I've heard great things)
BEST HORROR: THE LAST EXORCISM (Haven't seen it, the trailer was very creepy though!)
BEST COMEDY: FOUR LIONS (I would have preferred Get Him To The Greek or The Other Guys, personally)
BEST SCI-FI OR FANTASY: HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS: PART ONE (Dead on, such an epic opening to what is sure to be the perfect denouement)
BEST ACTOR: COLIN FIRTH (THE KING'S SPEECH) (A cert here, too)
BEST ACTRESS: NAOMI RAPACE (THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO) (Never heard of her, my choice would have been Emma Watson for Deathly Hallows: Part One)
BEST DIRECTOR: EDGAR WRIGHT (SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE WORLD) (No, no, no, no etc)
BEST BRITISH FILM: KICK-ASS (Yes, mostly, but frankly I expected The King's Speech to get this!)
BEST FILM: INCEPTION (Tough call with Kick-Ass and The King's Speech as nominees, yet I can't deny that this complex action-adventure had me on the edge of my seat throughout.)

No comments:

Post a Comment