OS Cover Image

OS Cover Image

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Top 5 Music Tracks Of 2011 (So Far)

You'll notice that music isn't something I regularly cover here at On-Screen, and that for the most part is because it would just be impossible to keep track of everything that goes on in that fascinating world of its own. Outside of blogging, though, I can't deny I'm more than a little partial to a good new single or two, and I do try my best to keep on top of what's hot and what's not in the industry. So without further ado, here are my favourite five music tracks of 2011's first half:
5. ROLLING IN THE DEEP (Adele)- This has just got such an infectious rhythm, a song I never tire of humming along to on the radio, and featuring one of the best musical voices in recent times.
4. PRICE TAG (Jessie J)- Fun and upbeat, Jessie J's latest probably isn't for everyone, but its simplicity and combination of the old and new in its music video just make it a generally compelling listen.
3. SOMEONE LIKE YOU (Adele)- Another of Adele's works- but that's completely justified, as her new album 21 features a whole host of music greats. This is truly the one that brought Adele back into the public eye, though, and rightly so!
2. WALK (Foo Fighters)- I discovered this one in the credits of Thor, and it's just got all the qualities rock needs. It's uplifting, it's got some killer solos and more than anything it has to be played loud.
1. WONDERMAN (Tinie Tempah & Ellie Goulding)- But so far nothing has eclipsed both this song and its music video for the sheer impact of my first listen to this. Wonderman is an absolutely brilliant homage to the past, yet is also a completely modern fusion of rap and soul that boasts new surprises with every play and/or viewing. Tempah's fast-paced flurry of satirical and meaningful words is just half the story whne Goulding brings such fabulous vigour and energy to her backing. A sensational song that I won't ever forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment