With January thankfully now done and dusted, we move into the second month of 2013, where more brilliant entertainment releases still await us. Often, February heralds the big kick-off of major entertainment release blitzes occuring in the year after the post-Christmas slums, and this year seems absolutely no different in that respect. So, just what can you expect to see in the next four weeks? Here's our full guide to the five releases you simply can't miss...
5. SKYFALL DVD & BLU-RAY- James Bond's twenty-third adventure hit cinemas last Autumn to mass acclaim, and thus its release on DVD and Blu-Ray after the franchise's 50th Anniversary is something to be heralded indeed. Packed with extras and HD goodness, Skyfall retains all of the sheer majesty of its cinema release, yet with the added incentive of being able to watch one of the best action films in a long time for countless hours on end! (Monday 18th)
4. DEREK- Ricky Gervais' new comedy-drama was always going to be controversial. That said, Derek is sitting well so far on Channel 4, with 1.4 million viewers having tuned into the season premiere last night. In the weeks ahead, we'll learn more of the financial problems plaguing the nursing home, Derek's autism and more, all endowed with the brilliant humour and melancholy that promises to make this ambitious British comedy-drama such a cult winner. (Wednesday 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th)
3. BEING HUMAN- Despite a weaker fourth season, Being Human is back on BBC3 with a bombastic fifth season featuring an all-new cast. As the menacing Captain Hatch manipulates Hal and Tom into his hungersome vampire-werewolf conflict, and as Mr Rook threatens to end the supernatural world as we know it, it's up to 'The Trinity' to save the Earth once more. The question is, are the stakes just too great for them this time around...? (Sunday 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th)
2. HITMAN HD TRILOGY- Those of us who joined onto iO Interactive's brilliant Hitman video game franchise last Autumn with Absolution can't wait to now get the chance to try out three of the franchise's classic hits. Silent Assassin, Contracts and Blood Money are all compiled together along with the fantastic Sniper Challenge DLC, making for a killer package that should be one of the early defining video games of 2013! (Friday 1st)
1. WRECK-IT RALPH- Ever since Disney released Toy Story 3 back in 2010, they've been searching for a new animated hit on that scale, yet have failed with the likes of Brave and Frankenweenie. Enter Wreck-It Ralph, a rather revolutionary video game-themed new endeavour that looks poised to take the UK by storm with its belated release this month. Couple a cast including A-Listers such as John O'Reilly, Sarah Silverman and Jane Lynch with cameos from the games industry's most iconic characters including Sonic, Pac-Man, Bowser, Sangeif and so many more, and we could be in for something truly special. The best Disney film in years? It just could be...watch this space! (Friday 8th)