OS Cover Image

OS Cover Image

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Razzie Awards 2013 Nominations Announced

American film voters' least favourite films of 2013 get shortlisted- our thoughts and ALL the nominees, right here!
I'll make this introduction to the article as quick as possible as per usual with Awards nominations article. The Golden Raspberry Awards are famed for highlighting what often seem to be the worst films of their respective years, and this time it seems no different. I'd contest The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 (4/5)'s frequent inclusions on the shortlist, as it really was a much stronger film than many claim, something which seems to be plagued with the 'love to hate' trope of recent times for the franchise. Nevertheless, based on my preferences for 2012 films, I've highlighted in yellow the movies that I would personally choice to win these 'prestigious' Razzie awards. Without further ado, then, here's the full round-up...
WORST PICTURE: Battleship; The Oggieloves; That's My Boy; A Thousand Words; The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part II (although personally I have no idea why this is on here and not Ghost Rider 2, I gave GR2 a 2/5 and Battleship a 3/5)
WORST DIRECTOR: Sean Anders (That's My Boy); Peter Berg (Battleship); Bill Condon (Twilight); Tyler Perry (Good Deeds); John Putch (Atlas Part II)
WORST ACTRESS: Katherine Helgi (One For The Money); Mila Jovovich (Resident Evil: Retribution); Tyler Perry (Witness Protection); Kristen Stewart (Twilight/Snow White); Barbra Streisand (The Guilt Trip)
WORST ACTOR: Nicholas Cage (Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance); Eddie Murphy (A Thousand Words); Adam Sandler (That's My Boy); Tyler Perry (Alex Cross); Adam Sandler (That's My Boy)
WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Jessica Biel (Total Recall);  Brooklyn Decker (Battleship); Ashley Greene (Twilight); Jennifer Lopez (What To Expect When You're Expecting); Rihanna (Battleship)
WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR: David Hasslehoff (Pirahna 3DD); Taylor Lautner (Twilight); Liam Neeson (Battleship); Nick Swardson (That's My Boy); Vanilla Ice (That's My Boy)
WORST SCREEN ENSEMBLE: Battleship; Oogieloves; That's My Boy; Twilight; Witness Protection
WORST SCREENPLAY: Battleship; Atlas Part II; That's My Boy; Twilight; A Thousand Words
WORST REMAKE, RIP-OFF OR SEQUEL: Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance; Pirahna 3DD; Red Dawn; Twilight; Witness Protection
WORST SCREEN COUPLE: The Three Stooges relationships; Twilight relationships; Witness Protection relationships; That's My Boy relationships
The Razzie Award Winners for 2013 will be announced on February 23rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment