OS Cover Image

OS Cover Image

Monday 31 January 2011

Smallville: Shield Review (3/5)


I have a theory that no show can ever manage a second episode successful enough to top the first. Case in point Shield, a blatantly by-the-books story for Smallville that does little other than to introduce Cat Grant and the Suicide Squad then have Clark change back to his red and blue attire in preparation for the transformation that is coming. Cat was irritating to say the least, but considering that Erica Durance's Lois Lane was too when she first arrived I'm hoping that this is just a rite of passage as she currently is against all super-heroes (holy irony, Superman! Oh wait, wrong DC character...), so maybe we'll see her have a change of heart as Clark finally becomes the Man of Steel fans have been waiting ten years to see. There's a fair bit of melodrama thrown in as well with Chloe's disappearance, and while I can't wait to see how her storyline ends later this season it got a bit tiresome watching other characters try to piece together something we had already seen happen. To be fair, there's a lot of great moments like when Lois realises a potential name for her super-powered Blur and Carter Hall reveals the legends of his wife Hawkgirl, however this is undoubtedly a relatively sub-par episode of Smallville.

1 comment:

  1. Apparently the dark force floating around is Rah, the ancient sun god. Someone else knows Clark’s secret and Lois is standing right in front of him. She is obviously very nervous about that but there are a lot of secrets in this season that make for a very interesting series. Honestly I wouldn’t even have time to watch TV if I didn’t get a free DISH Network Sling adapter http://bit.ly/k80U6m that gives me live or recorded TV from my employee DVR anywhere I go. Now with my iPhone and Galaxy Tab I watch when I have spare time and still spend quality time with my family when I get home.

    ReplyDelete