OS Cover Image

OS Cover Image

Monday 16 January 2012

2012 Golden Globe Awards Announced

The Golden Globes are always a huge annual event for entertainment, and this year's ceremony didn't disappoint, boasting a great host in Ricky Gervais (just wait until you hear some of the quips when the programme airs next week!) and a triumphant list of awards. Here's the list in full, with my thoughts on each winner...
BEST MOTION PICTURE-DRAMA:
THE HELP
HUGO
WAR HORSE
THE DESCENDANTS- I'm surprised that War Horse didn't win this one, but seeing as Descendants isn't out here yet maybe it's a bit early to make a judgement?
THE IDES OF MARCH
MONEYBALL
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS- DRAMA:
MERYL STREEP- THE IRON LADY
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR-DRAMA:
GEORGE CLOONEY- THE DESCENDANTS
BEST MOTION PICTURE- COMEDY OR MUSICAL:
50/50
THE ARTIST
BRIDESMAIDS
MY WEEK WITH MARILYN
A MIDNIGHT IN PARIS
BEST ANIMATED FEATURE FILM:
RANGO
CARS 2
PUSS IN BOOTS
ARTHUR CHRISTMAS
THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN- I will freely admit I haven't watched Tintin yet, but I've seen all of the others, and unless Spielberg's work is as much of a masterpiece as War Horse I'd have picked Rango.
BEST DIRECTOR:
MARTIN SCORESE- HUGO- As far as I've heard, this is fairly justified- I'll bring you my full review of Hugo later this Spring.
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE:
THE ARTIST- This is by far the award I disagree with most strongly- for me, no film's soundtrack out of those nominated can top John Williams' score, but of course it's up to personal taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment