OS Cover Image

OS Cover Image

Sunday 1 January 2012

Coming Up For On-Screen In January

January's quite a busy month to open the year with, featuring a few great television and film releases that could stand a chance of making my Best of 2012 shortlists come December if they make a substantial impact! Here's everything you can expect from the blog in the next few weeks...
TELLY COVERAGE- Sherlock: A Scandal In Belgravia; Sherlock: The Hounds of Baskerville and Sherlock: The Reichenbach Fall will all be going under my proverbial microscope- will they live up to the staggering anticipation of the show's fanbase? Also, I'll look ahead to what the year holds for us further down the line on our small screens- Doctor Who, Merlin, Come Fly With Me and the Olympics included!
BIG SCREEN COVERAGE- This month's biggest releases at the cinema are undoubtedly Leonardo DiCaprio's 1930s biopic J Edgar and Steven Spielberg's epic adaptation of War Horse, the superb emotive Great War novel crafted by Michael Morpurgo. I'll be bringing you full reviews of both of these exciting new entrants into the world of film, plus looking at what the rest of 2012 holds for the industry.
GAME ON- This is undoubtedly one of the year's quietest months for the world of video gaming, very sparse in terms of new releases, so I'll looking back to the sensational year that was 2011 and re-playing Crysis 2 and RAGE to see just what I missed, while covering all of the big gossip for the big titles making their way to consoles from February onwards!
READ ALL ABOUT IT- Does Halo: Glasslands bridge the third and fourth games in the iconic Xbox franchise seamlessly? Find out in my review, plus I'll provide my definitive verdicts on Harry Potter: Page To Screen, Spider-Man: Coming Home, X-Men: Dark Phoenix, Iron Man: Extremis and The Marvel Chronicle, and see what juicy details the new Doctor Who Magazine holds about Series 7 and the fiftieth anniversary!
BONUS FEATURES- I'll be revealing lots more of my 2011 Awards, from the year's Worst Film and Worst Game to its best Individual TV Episode, Overall TV Show, Video Game Visuals, Trailers, First Person Shooters, Reference Books, and DVD/Blu-Ray Release. Oh, and speaking of the new Blu disc format, I'll be reviewing loads of Blu-Ray releases to see whether the format truly outdoes Digital Versatile Discs!

No comments:

Post a Comment