OS Cover Image

OS Cover Image

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Oscar Opinions: Best Actress


Here are the nominees for the Best Actress Oscar, my thoughts on each and who I would pick to win the award:
ANNETE BENING (THE KIDS ARE ALL RIGHT)- One of many on the list who I have no knowledge of, Bening played Nic last year in the well recieved Summer comedy that also starred Alice in Wonderland's Mia Wasikowoska.
NICOLE KIDMAN (RABBIT HOLE)- Though I haven't seen the film Kidman is nominated for, she always puts a lot of effort into any flick she does, so stands as a true contender for this award.
JENNIFER LAWRENCE (WINTER'S BONE)- That Winter's Bone has never come out in the UK and Lawrence has jumped up from under the radar means I know little to nothing about her acting quality, but that she has been nominated with her first major film must mean her role was pretty impressive.
MICHELLE WILLIAMS (BLUE VALENTINE)- Another actress I had never heard of, Williams has appeared previously in Shutter Island and Brokeback Mountain and nominated for awards in both, so clearly she's becoming a big name in the industry.
NATALIE PORTMAN (BLACK SWAN)- Finally, someone who everyone (me included) has heard of: Natalie 'Padme' Portman seems to have done wonders with her new psychological thriller Black Swan, so definitely watch this space on Sunday.
MY CHOICE- Just simply because she is the only name on the list I really respond to (despite all the drivel in the Star Wars prequels, her portrayal of Padme in the films was top class), Natalie Portman is my chosen actress if I were choosing the award. Look out for my opinions on Best Supporting Actor/Actress and Best Animated Film in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment