OS Cover Image

OS Cover Image

Saturday 26 February 2011

What is an Exclusive?

As a point of reference, from now onwards you will begin to see at On-Screen that I use the terms 'EXCLUSIVE' and 'WORLD EXCLUSIVE' to head some articles. Below are the definitions, of sorts, for both titles and when/why they will be used:

WORLD EXCLUSIVE- Generally this will mean I will have gained a copy of a book, seen a film or played a game before anyone else in the UK (e.g. the 2-in-1 Doctor Who book I rated in December). However, sometimes I'll use these words if I have visited a new theme park ride or exhibition that has sparked lots of interest and many are still wondering the quality of (e.g. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter; Doctor Who Live/Experience). Essentially, I will only use 'WORLD EXCLUSIVE' if it's something big that people want to know and I am one of the first to see or when On-Screen gets a scoop virtually before anyone else!

EXCLUSIVE- This will be the more frequent of the two, appearing often when I review something on the day it came out in the UK (like Bulletstorm yesterday) since very few other critics in the UK have reviewed it on the day of début. In the next month or two, I hope to see a few films, play some games and do other things on their premiere date to bag more and more 'EXCLUSIVE's, so keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment