OS Cover Image

OS Cover Image

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Oscar Opinions: Best Picture (Part 2)

TOY STORY 3- I awarded this Best Film of 2010, so clearly there's some big competition with TS3, an exciting and utterly moving animation that captivated millions.
THE KING'S SPEECH- Okay, it is a bit too long, and yes, Helena Bonham-Carter gets less screen time than she deserves, but The King's Speech is still an excellent British film brimming with dedication and personality.
THE SOCIAL NETWORK- I wouldn't personally have placed this one on the list due to Jesse Eisenberg's somewhat unbearable portrayal of Facebook creator Mark Zuckerberg, yet Andrew Garfield did wonders on the sidelines!
TRUE GRIT- My full review of this promising Western should be here on Sunday, but until then many who've already seen this assure me it's a really thrilling throwback to the days of the Old West- let's see!
WINTER'S BONE- A little known film that went down a storm in the US but to my knowledge hasn't arrived here yet, Winter's Bone is an interesting drama showing the plight of Ree Dolly in the midst of death.
MY CHOICE- This year's line-up is a difficult one to decide from, there is no doubt, and although I still wonder how The Social Network beat the superb Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One to a nomination, I'll go with Toy Story 3 as the perfect finale to such a timeless franchise that will be remembered for evermore. Check back tomorrow for my look at the nominees for Best Actor and Actress!

No comments:

Post a Comment