For once, the On-Screen waters for the next few weeks are considerably calmer than usual. The reason for this? We're taking a brief break in the midst of exams and other commitments in order to take stock, but when we return in the entertainment media explosion that is mid-June, I can assure you right now that everything will be notched up to 101% as a host of massive entertainment releases and announcements head our way during and after the quick seven-week period where we're 'off air'.
That blunt period window may sound a bit daunting at first, but believe me, as 2013 is racing by so too will this oh-so-brief hiatus. And besides, when we do return proper, you can expect an infinite number of exhilarating posts to come your way. There may be one or two new posts to come on the evening of May 24th to keep you sated, yet it's on June 19th that On-Screen truly comes back to life, with oh so many reviews, previews, World Exclusives, features and big news reveals to come. Without further ado, then, let's take a look ahead to just what you can expect...
REVIEWS- Sufficed to say that between April 29th and June 19th, there will be plenty of big releases which we'll be raving to review once the hiatus is done. Obviously there are surprises to come, but we can confirm that reviews of the following will kick off our slate:
- Doctor Who: The Crimson Horror, Nightmare In Silver and The Name Of The Doctor
- Game Of Thrones: Kissed By Fire, The Climb, The Bear and the Maiden Fear, Second Sons, The Rains of Castamere and Mhysa
- Arrow: Home Invasion, The Undertaking, Darkness on the Edge of Town and Sacrifice
- Elementary: Risk Management, The Woman and Heroine
- Star Trek Into Darkness
- The Great Gatsby
- The Hangover Part III
- Man Of Steel
- Injustice: Gods Among Us
- Deadpool: The Game
- The Carnegie 2013 Teen Fiction Shortlist
- Doctor Who's new Eleventh Doctor Adventures novels and the latest 50th Anniversary eBooks and Destiny Of The Doctor releases
- And lots more...
PREVIEWS & FEATURES- Next up, here's a roundup of some of the big previews and features that you can only expect at somewhere like On-Screen from June 19th onwards. Believe me, this is the only place you'll want to be for these definitive opinions on the big entertainment matters...
- The Summer Of Film 2013 Part Two (July-August)
- The Autumn Of Gaming 2013
- Assessing Game Of The Year 2013 So Far
- Assessing Film Of The Year 2013 So Far
- Assessing TV Show Of The Year 2013 So Far
- Top 5 Greatest Films Ever
- Top 5 Greatest Video Games Ever
- Top 5 Greatest TV Shows Ever
- Doctor Who: Countdown To 50
- Best Of Who Awards
- May 2013: Best Release
- Previewing The Newsroom Season Two
- Previewing Marvel's Agents Of SHIELD
- Previewing Sherlock Season Three
NEWS COVERAGE- As if all of that weren't enough, May and June will no doubt be laden with a host of big, exciting news reveals and announcements. Once we return, we'll be rounding up all of the big reveals of the last 1.5 months in a host of feature articles and Opinion editorials. Of course, we can't predict everything that's coming, but here's at least some of the stuff you can expect to be covered by us upon our return:
- Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary Special & 50th Anniversary Celebrations
- Electronic Entertainment Expo 2013
- New Films & Video Games Announced
- The Future Of Marvel And DC's Cinematic Universes
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts Announced
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Revealed
- The New Xbox Reveal Event & Launch Line-Up
- More On The PlayStation 4
- Batman: Arkham Origins Revealed
- Grand Theft Auto V Revealed
- And lots more...
So all of that is just a taste of what you can expect from On-Screen when we return. One thing is for sure- when On-Screen returns, you'll know about it, by goodness, and although I can't say for sure what the future holds, I can assure you that the blog will be here for the rest of 2013 and long beyond. I look forward to having you along for the ride...
(P.S. We'll have a brief article to confirm On-Screen's Summer Hiatus tomorrow evening, so the end isn't quite here just yet...)