HBO have today announced (via Entertainment Weekly) the full list of directors attached to helm the ten 50-minute episodes of their hit drama Game of Thrones' fifth season. Scheduled to air next year, the next series will adapt the events of George R.R. Martin's dense fantasy novels A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons as well as gradually crossing over into narrative threads established in the author's upcoming text The Winds of Winter.
Until today, the only director confirmed to feature as part of Season Five's production ensemble was Michael Slovis, yet without further ado, we can now present the official (and downright formidable, we might add!) directorial roster in its entirety along with reference-points for those fans who'd like to delve into each member's filmography so as to ascertain the validity of their credentials:
- EPISODES 1 & 2 - Michael Slovis (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation; Breaking Bad; Law & Order: Special Victims Unit; Running Wilde)
- EPISODES 3 & 4 - Mark Mylod (Ali G Indahouse; The Royle Family; Once Upon a Time)
- EPISODES 5 & 6 - Jeremy Podeswa (Queer as Folk; The Pacific; Dexter; Boardwalk Empire; Camelot; The Newsroom; True Blood; The Walking Dead)
- EPISODES 7 & 8 - Miguel Sapochnik (House M.D.; Fringe; Awake; Falling Skies)
- EPISODES 9 & 10 - David Nutter (Game of Thrones ("A Man Without Honor"; "The Prince of Winterfell"; "The Rains of Castamere"); Arrow ("Pilot"); The Flash ("Pilot"))
Game of Thrones will return with its heartbreaking fifth season on HBO and Sky Atlantic in Spring 2015.