|Source: Digital Spy|
As expected, both Marvel Studios and DC Entertainment have been absolutely relentless at this year's San Diego Comic-Con, revealing announcement after announcement after announcement on a daily basis. We're planning to cover both companies' plentiful offerings today, beginning with what Stan Lee's esteemed successors had to say in the illustrious Hall H yesterday evening in front of hundreds of fans.
From Guardians of the Galaxy to Ant-Man, from Avengers: Age of Ultron to Agent Carter, virtually none of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's (immediate) future offerings were left unmentioned, and we've got all of the latest news on each and every one of the aforementioned projects right here, right now!
- NEW AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON PROMOTIONAL POSTER RELEASED & SECOND TEASER TRAILER DETAILS REVEALED - The keen-eyed amongst you will doubtless have noticed the spectacular concept-art from Avengers: Age of Ultron which can be found above. Marvel Studios débuted this crowded image over the course of Thursday, Friday and Saturday, gradually unveiling separate posters featuring the vast majority of the Earth's Mightiest Heroes who'll battle the titular robotic antagonist in the much-anticipated follow-up to 2012's Avengers Assemble. Better yet, Avengers devotees received a first proper look at Age in the form of a second bombastic teaser trailer which aired in Hall H last night, although we can only tease you with elements such as Iron Man battling the Hulk in his aptly-named Hulkbuster gear and Tony Stark standing over the seemingly deceased bodies of his superheroic allies in the midst of a devastating final confrontation with Ultron, as the trailer itself has yet to be released online and word has it that Guardians won't echo Captain America: The First Avenger in containing a video preview for the MCU's next (and by far its most-anticipated) instalment. Avengers: Age of Ultron assembles in cinemas worldwide on April 29th, 2015.
- FIRST ANT-MAN PROMOTIONAL POSTER RELEASED & NEW GUEST STARS ANNOUNCED - Despite having lost its acclaimed previous director Edgar Wright due to creative difficulties between him and Marvel Studios, Ant-Man appears to still be going strong, with comedy helmer Peyton Reed now set to bring the iconic comic-book character to life for the first time (on the big-screen, at least) and both Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas still in tow as its lead stars. As well as launching a concept-art poster (which can be seen below and features absolutely uncanny renditions of Rudd's Scott Lang and Douglas' Hank Pym), the studio announced at their Comic-Con panel yesterday that Evangeline Lily (best known for superbly portraying Tauriel in Peter Jackson's three-part cinematic adaptation of The Hobbit) will play Hope Pym (the daughter of Hank - the original Ant-Man before Lang - and the Wasp) and Corey Stoll will take on the role of Yellowjacket (who assumes dictator-esque control of Pym's company through his human alter-ego Darren Cross, forcing Pym to enlist Lang in order to stop Cross acquiring vital experimental particles) in the new version of the controversial motion picture. Ant-Man crawls into cinemas across the world on July 17th, 2015.
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 & DISNEY INFINITY (2.0 EDITION) GUARDIANS PLAY SET ANNOUNCED - For all its bombast (trust us, no-one could claim it lacked ambition), Marvel Studios' Comic-Con panel did come up rather light when it came to announcements regarding what lies beyond the known frontiers of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, refusing to reveal which movie will accompany Captain America 3 in cinemas in 2016 or any other superhero flicks coming our way in 2017-2019...save for one. Just days ahead of its predecessor's UK première (July 31st, for those wondering), Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was confirmed to be in development for a July 28th, 2017 release, with James Gunn attached as its director and Chris Pratt its continual lead star. The Guardians fun didn't even end there, either: Disney Interactive Studios revealed earlier this week that a Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) Play Set will be themed exclusively around Tomorrow's Avengers fighting Ronan the Accuser on the mysterious planet of Knowhere! Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition) will explode onto Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Nintendo WiiU, Nintendo 3DS, iOS and PC with its Marvel Super Heroes range this September 19th, and to sate your appetites, a trailer for the Guardians Play Set (which comes bundled with Star-Lord and Gamora action figures for use with the signature Infinity character portal) can be seen below...
- AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. SEASON TWO TEASER TRAILER & PLOT / CASTING DETAILS RELEASED - Not ones to let a prime marketing opportunity go to waste, Marvel Studios and ABC both hosted a panel discussing the future of the former's TV output. First up on the agenda was Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., an increasingly audacious detective drama which received its teaser trailer (starring Patton Oswalt in the guise of multiple Koenigs!) and some more plot and casting details as well. Joining Agents' cast as recurring guest stars in Season Two are Reed Diamond (who previously starred in Joss Whedon's Dollhouse yet will now play the season's central antagonist, Daniel Whitehall, a character better known to fans of the Secret Warriors arc as the ruthless Kraken), Lucy Lawless (who's a highly-regarded S.H.I.E.L.D. veteran in the show) and Nick Blood (who'll portray a no-nonsense STRIKE agent named Lance Hunter), and as if all of that info wasn't enough, the previously-mentioned trail even hints that the beloved Marvel Comics superhero Mockingbird will feature somewhere down the line in the next run. Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns to ABC this September 23rd, with a UK broadcast window still to be announced by Channel 4.
- AGENT CARTER PLOT & PRODUCTION DETAILS ANNOUNCED - There's a decent while to go yet before Marvel's Agent Carter hits our screens, but that apparently didn't stop ABC from going ahead and announcing new details on narrative elements and the initial directors of the show's opening season. Taking place in 1946, two of Season One's first four episodes will be directed by Captain America: The Winter Soldier helmers Anthony and Joe Russo, whilst another is intended to be led by Joe Johnston (who directed Captain America: The First Avenger), with all of these instalments said to feature none other than Howard Stark (a character who may or may not appear...no, just kidding, we're sure he will)'s butler Edward Jarvis, whose voice presumably formed the inspiration for Howard's son Tony's AI system J.A.R.V.I.S. Hayley Atwell will also return (as if there was ever any real doubt in our minds regarding the possibility) as the series' titular ass-kicking non-super hero Peggy Carter, and to top all of this news surrounding her latest small-screen project off, the thespian recently confirmed that Peggy Carter will appear in a flashback sequence in Avengers: Age of Ultron - bring it on, we say! Marvel's Agent Carter will première on ABC in January 2015.
- X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST DVD & BLU-RAY UK RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCED - Neither The Fantastic Four nor X-Men: Apocalypse showed up in 20th Century Fox's SDCC panel, but the studio were kind enough to inform us this week that their recent X-blockbuster X-Men: Days of Future Past will time travel into all good UK DVD and Blu-Ray retailers this November 14th.
Marvel Studios, 20th Century Fox and Sony Pictures will surely have a lot more to tell us about their future superhero film and TV projects as the year goes on, and we can personally guarantee that no better place exists for readers to stay up-to-date on all of the latest reveals than right here at On-Screen!
|Source: Sky News|