Twelve months on from the initial announcement of its development, Rockstar Studios have now unveiled plenty of new details on what the future holds for us in Grand Theft Auto V. The reveal comes ahead of a new trailer due next Wednesday, and provides plenty of gossip on what we're actually going to be able to do in the massive open-world of Los Santos this time around. Here's the full round-up of specs and details...
- We're looking through the eyes of three main characters- Michael, Trevor and Franklin- this time around as our playable characters, with each member of the team having specific roles to play in the highlight 'heist' missions of the campaign which will attempt to replicate and surpass GTA IV's brilliant 'Four Leaf Clover' adventure.
- As the economic Depression currently plaguing modern society arrives in Los Santos, so too does it affect a host of different environments- characters' reactions to your financial status can vary considerably across the game world, from underwater areas to poverty-stricken wastelands.
- Gyms and Ammu-Nation are both back in full force this time around, though the former is more of a fun mini-game than the necessity it was back in San Andreas.
- The game's soundtrack will shift and adapt to the action on-screen, creating a blockbuster feel to the entire experience that echoes Rockstar's success with Max Payne 3.
- Cars will feel more like they would in Rockstar's Midnight Club racing series, while the shooting and AI mechanics from GTA IV have had a radical overhaul too.