OS Cover Image

OS Cover Image

Saturday 10 March 2012

Muppets: Jason Segel Won't Return, New Trailer Parody

Why Segel won't be back, and a great take on the Hunger Games trailer.
Despite it now having left the majority of British cinemas, news and announcements regarding the brilliant comedy The Muppets (5/5) are still flooding in what with the revelation that a sequel is on the way. First up, Jason Segel has confirmed the speculation that he won't be back in a writing role for the new movie, and possibly not in an acting role either- "My goal was to bring the Muppets back," he says, "And I did that leaving them in very good hands, my writing partner and James Bobin the director. I did what I set out to do, and now I wanna pursue more human-related projects!" That sounds fair enough to me, although it will be a shame if Segel doesn't even get a cameo appearance in the sequel. Elsewhere, in the midst of the US DVD release of the movie, its marketing team have released a great new parody trailer. Although it's not on a par with those released in cinemas in the build-up to its original release in 2011, the Hunger Games-esque video still packs some laughs and definitely is worth a watch. The Muppets will be out here on DVD and Blu-Ray this Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment