OS Cover Image

OS Cover Image

Friday 30 March 2012

Q1 2012: Best Single

WINNER: Twilight (Cover Drive)
It's always hard to sum up what makes a single worthy of 'Best Single' status for one quarter of the year, so I'll make this post a quick one. Although 2012 seems to be zooming by, in terms of actual major new music single releases things have been pretty sparse, and thus I've been scanning the airwaves for some of my favourite singles of recent times that weren't released last year. In the end, I came to Cover Drive's new piece Twilight, a catchy and upbeat melody that's been inhabiting various radios for the past few weeks and is a step above what to me is mostly the usual rap rubbish and repetitive pop and party anthems. Well done to this rising group of artists, I hope we see more of them in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment