The films I reckon will rock your world in the coming quarter!
Heading into the Summer of Film, we're getting more and more of the big movie releases of 2012 in April-June, the second quarter of the year. Here are the top five most exciting flicks coming out in the next three months...
5. BATTLESHIP- Liam Neeson, Rihanna and Taylor Kitsch are headlining this big-screen adaptation of one of the world's most famous strategy games. There's every chance that this could be another Battle: Los Angeles, but if Universal have got the mix of gung-ho warfare and epic sci-fi battles right, we might be in for something a little closer to Avatar than we expect (well, we can dream...). (April 11th)
4. MEN IN BLACK III- It's been nearly a decade since Will Smith and Tommy-Lee Jones graced our screens as Agents Jay and Kay. Can the crime-fighting duo still make the same hilarious impact as they once did, even with the ambitious new time-travel storyline? I for one cannot wait to find out! (May 25th)
3. ROCK OF AGES- Having seen Rock Of Ages at the West End at Christmastime last year, I can fully grasp the potential that the show has as a fully budgeted film. Yes, it's cheesy stuff, yet the song line-up is perfectly suited to cinema, and with Tom Cruise, Russell Brand, Alec Baldwin, and Catherine Zeta-Jones all on board we may well be in for something very special. (June 15th)
2. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE- Now we get into the big stuff for this quarter, starting off with perhaps the most anticipated superhero movie of 2012. We're finally going to see Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Nick Fury and the Hulk united for the ultimate battle against Loki and his army of terrifying allies on the big screen next month, and I guarantee it should be one of the biggest events of the year in film! (April 26th)
1. PROMETHEUS- At the top of the list is a movie which has been rising up my Most Anticipated rankings for months now, its relevance brought to the absolute forefront by the amazing new trailer recently released for it. Prometheus is looking to be one of the most thought-provoking and emotional thrillers of the year, packing in elements of Alien through its prequel status while effortlessly elevating the standard of science-fiction film to an all new high through the return of Mr Ridley Scott to the directorial scene. Prepare for nothing less than a masterpiece this June. (June 1st)
PLUS, LOOK OUT FOR THESE TOO: There are plenty of other exciting movies on the horizon in the next few months, including The Cabin In The Woods, Lockout, American Pie: Reunion, The Dictator, Dark Shadows, Snow White & The Hunstman and G.I. Joe: Retaliation. Although the blog will be taking a short break for a fortnight in mid-May, I'll be covering as many of these anticipated films as possible and much, much more!