Although EA and Ubisoft's E3 2013 conferences weren't quite as big or grand-standing as Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo's events were, nevertheless there were certainly a few announcements of worthy merit to recap in both instances.
With that in mind, let's first recap here what Electronic Arts had to say at their E3 2013 showcase, looking over each and every one of their latest reveals...
- PLANTS VS ZOMBIES: GARDEN WARFARE & PEGGLE 2 ANNOUNCED- In a duo of big digital video gaming reveals, PopCap Studios first confirmed that Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare and Peggle 2 are being developed for handheld and mobile consoles. Both titles will be released this Winter.
- STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT III ANNOUNCED- Undoubtedly the highlight announcement of EA's conference in its entirety was this one. Star Wars Battlefront III will be coming to consoles courtesy of DICE, resurrecting a long-dead yet never forgotten hit licensed franchise that could once again revolutionise the Real Time Strategy genre. Star Wars Battlefront III will retail on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in 2014.
- NEW NEED FOR SPEED RIVALS GAMEPLAY DEBUTS, FILM TEASED- EA were of course also keen to reprise one of their key past franchises, with Need For Speed getting a dual presence at their conference. First, we had a new gameplay video for Need For Speed: Rivals (below), as well as a teaser video for the film that's coming our way next February. Need For Speed: Rivals will ship on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and more consoles this November.
- DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION RELEASE WINDOW CONFIRMED- BioWare have always been one of EA's most successful partners, so it was a shame that their return here at E3 was heralding a delay announcement. Dragon Age: Inquisition was originally scheduled to release in late 2013, but will now come to Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and other consoles in Autumn 2014.
- MIRROR'S EDGE 2 ANNOUNCED- Another great reveal from Electronic Arts was one that franchise fans had hoped for for quite some time. Thought to be a prequel, Mirror's Edge 2 is finally in development at DICE alongside Battlefield 4 and Star Wars Battlefront III, and has been confirmed to feature open-world gameplay this time around. Mirror's Edge 2 will retail on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in 2014.
For all the latest news on EA's big upcoming projects, their exciting Star Wars licensed titles and everything else, keep it On-Screen in the weeks ahead!