It's safe to say that E3 2013 has been absolutely colossal in terms of new video game and console announcements, but some of these reveals have come outside of the main five publisher conferences. This article will take into account the remainder of those news reveals, detailing what you may have missed from E3 2013 in specifics, facts and figures.
Without further ado, then, let's look at 'The Other News' from E3 2013, the announcements that were prominent yet were often overlooked in the face of the big reveals:
- FABLE ANNIVERSARY ANNOUNCED- Microsoft Game Studios confirmed just before their E3 conference that Fable Anniversary is coming exclusively to Xbox 360. A tenth anniversary edition of the original Fable, this new instalment will be rendered in HD and feature adaptable Achievements to fit the open nature of the game. Fable Anniversary retails exclusively on Xbox 360 this October.
- FANTASIA: MUSIC EVOLVED ANNOUNCED- Another exclusive piece of software coming to Xbox One and Xbox 360 is from Rock Band's Harmonix Studios. It's an unlikely one, adapting the classic Disney musical film Fantasia into a rhythm-based game, Fantasia: Music Evolved, that utilises the Kinect sensor to its highest measure. Fantasia: Music Evolved retails exclusively on Xbox One and Xbox 360 this Winter.
- NEW DISNEY INFINITY TRAILER DEBUTS- Disney Interactive Studios were present and accounted for at E3 2013 too, re-revealing their much-anticipated RPG video game Disney Infinity. Similar to Skylanders, this new title will incorporate various Disney film franchises into a cohesive open-world and narrative experience later this Summer, and you can see the brand new trailer below. Disney Infinity retails for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Nintendo WiiU on August 26th.
- NEW ASSASSIN'S CREED GAMES ANNOUNCED- As if there were ever any doubt, Ubisoft Montreal also confirmed that more Assassin's Creed games will follow Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. Three projects are currently in development, one of them Black Flag, another likely a mobile title and the third most probably another fully-fledged sequel set for release in 2014!
- LEGO MARVEL SUPERHEROES ANNOUNCED FOR XBOX ONE AND PS4- It seems that the LEGO franchise now literally knows no boundaries, crossing generations for its latest release. Yes, as well as releasing on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, WiiU, 3DS and PlayStation Vita, LEGO Marvel Superheroes will ship on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 this November!
- NEW SONIC: LOST WORLD GAMEPLAY DEMO DEBUTS- Nintendo confirmed a three-game exclusive deal with SEGA for future Sonic games, and that kicks off with the WiiU and 3DS exclusive platformer Sonic: Lost World. As you'll see in the gameplay video below, the game seems to boast some similarities to Super Mario Galaxy, which is certainly by no means a negative assertion. Sonic: Lost World retails on Nintendo WiiU and 3DS this Winter.
For all the latest news on E3 developments, each and every one of these hit games and everything else, keep it On-Screen in the weeks ahead!