If you're under the illusion that 2013's concluding month will be an uneventful period for the world of entertainment, then think again. Though it's not packing the onslaught of high calibre releases as its immediate predecessor, December still has a few potential surprises up its sleeve, with five key releases standing out as our Most Anticipated titles.
Without further ado, then, let's see off the year with a bang. Here's our shortlist of the five hottest releases still to come before New Year's Day 2014:
5. GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS MOBILE- Rockstar may have blown fans away with Grand Theft Auto V back in September, but that doesn't mean they're quite finished impressing just yet. San Andreas Mobile is a handheld port of the PS2's best loved GTA experience, reproducing the escapades of CJ Johnson for a new audience on iOS, Kindle and Android devices. (Date TBC)
4. ARROW- Concluding the first half of its second season with a mid-season two-part finale, Arrow will be essential viewing for fans in the next fortnight. Barry Allen (aka the Flash) is heading to Starling City in order to investigate a case which even the Arrow can't explain. The series is about to shift into unexplored territory, and The Scientist and Three Ghosts will mark the initial instigators of this alteration, with surprises aplenty expected! (Monday 9th and 16th, Sky1)
3. ANCHORMAN: THE LEGEND CONTINUES- Ron Burgundy. Brian Fantana. Champ Kind. Brick Tamland. Is there anymore which one could desire for a film to offer? Staying classier than ever before, the much-anticipated sequel to Anchorman has one hell of a cult following which it must sate and satisfy this month. Will Ferrell and the gang appear pretty confident with the results of the follow-up, though, so there's every chance that we're in for a winner...(Wednesday 18th)
2. DOCTOR WHO: THE TIME OF THE DOCTOR- "Change, my dear, and it seems not a moment too soon!" Just before Matt Smith's incarnation of the Doctor risks becoming stale after four years at the helm of the TARDIS, change awaits in Doctor Who's ninth consecutive Christmas Special. The Time of the Doctor features the Daleks, the Weeping Angels and the Cybermen, but at the heart of it all lie the Silence, who this festive season are proclaiming not of bells a'jingling but of Silence a'falling. It's the end, yet the moment has been prepared for- enter Mr Peter Capaldi. (Christmas Day- BBC One)
1. THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG- It seems as if an (Third) age has passed since The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey launched in cinemas last December. We can now breath a sigh of relief, then, as The Desolation of Smaug promises to be the greatest entry of its overarching trilogy. Bilbo and the Company of Dwarves must navigate Mirkwood, Laketown and Dol Guldur as their final confrontation with the Great Dragon Smaug beckons, while an ancient force spurs the White Council into action as they realise that a terrible war is near. Sound exciting? Just wait until you enter the auditorium...(Friday 13th)