OS Cover Image

OS Cover Image

Wednesday 15 January 2014

On-Screen: The End (For Now)

It's the end, but the moment has been prepared for...
Today, I'm deeply saddened to confirm that On-Screen's time has reached its (potentially temporary) conclusion. The decision that I'm taking here is one which has required a great deal of consideration and contemplation, and it comes as a result of a number of contributory factors which I will strive to outline in some detail in this article.

When I set out on March 14th, 2010 to create this particular entertainment blog, my aims were to primarily offer unbiased opinions on as a wide a range of related news and releases as humanly possible. This has been a consistent objective here at On-Screen over the last four years, and its continuation is something which I have questioned greatly whilst examining the state of the blog's output in recent times. As such, until such a time when I feel that On-Screen can deliver a broader and more engaging experience for you, the reader, I have deemed it necessary for the site to enter a prolonged hiatus with no definitive details as of yet on when it may be resurrected. Such an event may occur in a month's time, or six months, or closer to the end of 2014, or perhaps my blogging output will take a different form via a different medium altogether.

Whatever the future may be for this blog or yours truly, I would like to at least extend a huge thanks to each and every reader who has taken the time to either simply glance over articles here on occasion, or has even gone so far as to discuss and evaluate with me the issues and releases which have been discussed. The plentiful feedback which I have received from colleagues and strangers alike has had a substantial influence upon the manner in which On-Screen has evolved and developed over the course of its prolonged run. That said, if you do find yourself concurring with the assertions that I have expressed above about this site's growing problems, then do not hesitate to contact me on Facebook, Twitter or the like with suggestions on what you would have changed here in order to improve proceedings. If the blog does make a return in some form one day, then rest assured that such advice will prove paramount to the nature of its resurrection andits redefined mission objectives from the outset.

This is by no means intended as a hasty or sudden choice on my part, rather a difficult yet prolonged decision which I have considered enacting for some time now. Thanks again to everyone who has supported On-Screen from 2010 to 2014, and keep in mind that if an East Wind does carry my blog back onto the horizon in the foreseeable future, then you'll be the first to know when to wrap up warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment